Date(s) - 25 June 2022 - 26 June 2022
9:00 am - 11:45 am
RESCHEDULED to June 25th and 26th due to the heavy rain.
We have already had over 20 volunteers per day sign up for June 25th and/or June 26th at 9 AM so the event is full. If you’d like to be added to the waitlist, please contact email@example.com and state which date(s) you want to be added to the waitlist for, how many you would want to bring, your name, phone number, and confirm if you have any minors (ensure they are 7 years or older – no exceptions) and you are okay with signing a minor waiver.
The Calgary Tree Planting team will help the City of Calgary plant 200-400 trees over two days at the Sue Higgins Dog park!
Tree Team Partner: The City of Calgary
Date and times: June 25th and/or June 26th at 9 AM
No need to bring a spade as the city will provide all the materials and equipment. Please wear closed toe shoes, gloves, and bring water and dress for the weather. There will be off-leash dogs running around at this event and if you are nervous about dogs this may not be the right event for you, but we will have more soon.
Detailed Information for Volunteers:
- There will be off leash dogs present. All volunteers should be aware of this. We will include dog behavior in our safety talk.
- Bathrooms are in the parking lot, and there will be no bathroom facilities at the planting site.
- Volunteers should bring everything they want with them from the parking lot.
- We ask that volunteers bring their own work gloves if they have them. If not, a pair will be provided.
- Please bring your own drinking water and any desired snacks. We will have additional drinking water available.
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and long pants. Volunteers wearing open-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- Kids 7 years old and over are welcome to participate
- No problem if you have to leave a bit early as we may be done at 11 AM anyway